The RIDER Institute is committed to helping science education at all levels, including giving presentations and developing innovative curriculum materials for a wide range of topics.
Dr. Rider has:
- Over 25 years of experience conducting classroom presentations, auditorium lectures, and hands-on lab activities for grade levels from K through 12 at over 100 schools from Worcester to Rockport, MA. Bio 2015 Syllabus.pdf | Physics 2015 Syllabus.pdf | Bio 2016 Spring Syllabus.pdf
- Over 25 years of experience developing curriculum materials, running teacher workshops, and training presenters in subjects including earth science, biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, math, and archaeology. MABT Conference.pdf | MAST Conference.pdf
- Over 10 years of experience developing and running Science on Saturday outreach programs at MIT, which now reach over 5000 students per year with stage demonstrations and hands-on activity tables on topics ranging from underwater robotics to neuroscience.
- Over 15 years of experience judging science fairs, including the Broadcom MASTERS national middle school science fair, high school International Science and Engineering Fair, Lemelson InvenTeams national high school competition, and Massachusetts state middle school and high school science fairs.
- Over 12 years of experience developing and presenting adult classes for community organizations on topics including paleontology, biotechnology, earth science, history of science, astronomy, physics, engineering, archaeology, ancient languages, world history, comparative religion, etc.
- Over 30 years of experience tutoring students ranging from elementary school through college in subjects including reading, French, calculus, high school physics, quantum physics, biochemistry, etc.
To schedule a paid presentation or program, please contact Dr. Rider by emailing email@example.com
P.S - Looking for a present for the world's next mad scientist?